The passenger ship familiarization course at Eurotech maritime training institute is a type of training program of 2.5 days designed to educate individuals on the safety procedures, emergency response protocols, and general operations of a passenger ship. The PSF course, one of the marine courses in Kochi is typically intended for crew members who will be working on board. This training is mandatory for all crew members, regardless of their rank or duties on board.
The PSF course will cover a range of topics, including:
1. Ship safety procedures: This will cover the safety equipment on board the ship, such as life jackets, life rafts, and fire suppression systems. Participants will learn how to properly use these safety devices in the event of an emergency.
2. Emergency response protocols: Participants will learn how to respond to different types of emergencies, such as fires, floods, and medical emergencies. They will also learn how to assist passengers in these situations.
3. Navigation and ship operations: This will cover the basic principles of ship navigation and the operation of ship systems, such as propulsion, steering, and communication.
4. Passenger care and communication: Participants will learn how to provide excellent customer service to passengers and how to effectively communicate with them in different situations.
5. Environmental awareness: Participants will learn about environmental protection laws and regulations and how to minimize the impact of the ship on the environment.
To enroll in the Passenger Ship Familiarization (PSF) course, the following documents may be required:
1. Seafarer’s Identification Document (SID) or any valid government-issued identification document such as a passport or driver’s license.
2. INDOS number is mandatory.
3. Basic Safety Training (BST) certification or a valid STCW certificate of competency.
4. Medical fitness certificate stating that the seafarer is physically and mentally fit to participate in the training.
5. Complete the E-learning module before the commencement of the course.
Any other documentation that the training provider may require, such as proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result, depending on the current health and safety regulations.
Crew members who have completed the PSF course from Eurotech maritime academy will be issued a certificate of completion or endorsement, which they can use as proof of their training during inspections or when applying for jobs on passenger ships.
This course is mandatory for all seafarers serving on board sea-going passenger ships.
|Course Level||Post Sea Course|
|Course Type||BASIC STCW COURSE (REGULAR COURSES)|
This course is mandatory for all seafarers intend to join ship,INDOS Number + BSID is Mandatory.
Mode - Physical class
E-learning module before commencement of the course.
|2023 June 22 - 2023 June 24||₹4,500.00||Apply Now|
|2023 July 04 - 2023 July 06||₹4,500.00||Apply Now|
|2023 July 19 - 2023 July 21||₹4,500.00||Apply Now|
|2023 August 03 - 2023 August 05||₹4,500.00||Apply Now|
|2023 August 23 - 2023 August 25||₹4,500.00||Apply Now|
|2023 September 06 - 2023 September 08||₹4,500.00||Apply Now|
|2023 September 27 - 2023 September 29||₹4,500.00||Apply Now|